From: Arnau Bria <arnau@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Installing grub in RAID 1 system
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 11:06:01
1 Hi,
2
3 following http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Gentoo_Install_on_Software_RAID
4 I'm doing next:
7 If you are using a RAID 1 mirror disk system, you will
8 want to install grub on all the disks in the system, so that when one disk fails, you are still able to boot. The find command above will list the disks, e.g.
9
10 grub> find /boot/grub/stage1
11 (hd0,0)
12 (hd1,0)
13 grub>
14
15 Now, if your disks are /dev/sda and /dev/sdb, do the following to install GRUB on /dev/sda MBR:
16
17 device (hd0) /dev/sda
18 root (hd0,0)
19 setup (hd0)
22 This will install grub into the /dev/sdb MBR:
23
24 device (hd0) /dev/sdb
25 root (hd0,0)
26 setup (hd0)
29 Well, when installing grub in sdb (hdb in my system) I get next:
30
31 grub> device (hd0) /dev/hdb
32
33 Error 15: File not found
36 grub> find /boot/grub/stage1
37 (hd0,0)
38 (hd1,0)
41 As I have never understood all grub concepts, I'm not sure if the
42 command is correct or not (I think not, but again, not grub master
43 neither middle-user!), so could someone clary it for me? Why is grub
44 giving my that error?
45
46 Cheers!
50 Arnau Bria
51 http://blog.emergetux.net
52 Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity
53 --
54 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list