From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] backing up linux to azure storage
Date: Sun, 01 May 2016 15:09:03
1 On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 10:54 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Sun, 01 May 2016 10:02:30 -0400, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi. I want to backup linux to Microsoft azure storage and could only
5 >> find duplicity to do this. However, the gentoo version is obsolete, so
6 >> how can I get an ebuild for the current version -- or is there any other
7 >> program I could use to backup to this kind of storage?
8 >
9 > It's not obsolete, it's deprecated, which is very different. I'm still
10 > using the portage version, but there is an ebuild for the 0.7 series on
11 > b.g.o.
14 Correct - I actively use duplicity for my own cloud backups and do
15 intend to get the update into the main repo. Unfortunately I've had
16 some distractions and now a family emergency, so it might take a bit
17 longer. BTW, if anybody does run with the overlay version I'd love to
18 hear reports of whether it is working well or if there are issues on
19 the bug or otherwise.
22 Rich