From: Trenton Adams <trenton.d.adams@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] livecd and install cd improper ACPI?
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 22:08:56
1 Thanks Richard.
2
3 Almost but not quite. I loaded the fan module, which did nothing,
4 seeing the fan was already running. I then searched through
5 /lib/modules/2.6.* for the fan module so I could find the others.
6 Then loaded the others. Once I loaded the *thermal* module, the fan
7 slowed down. It was stuck on one speed, which was apparently not fast
8 enough for what I was doing. So, either a combination of the fan and
9 thermal modules did something, or just the thermal module.
10
11 Thanks again.
12