From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] ogg/mp3 volume
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 14:20:57
1 On 05/19/12 20:22, Pandu Poluan wrote:
2 >
3 > On May 19, 2012 7:00 PM, "Andrew Lowe" <agl@×××××××.au
4 > <mailto:agl@×××××××.au>> wrote:
5 > >
6 > > Hi all,
7 [snip]
8 ...
9 ...
10 ...
11 [snip]
12 >
13 > What you're looking for is called "replay gain" (alternative spelling,
14 > "replaygain"). Basically, it's a two-step process : (1) analyze the
15 > 'effective loudness' of a track, and (2) add a tag indicating the
16 > difference between the measured 'effective loudness' with a reference
17 > level of 89 dB SPL
18 >
19 > http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=ReplayGain
20 >
21 > The above wiki article might be out of date with regards to the
22 > available software. Try asking around in the HydrogenAudio forums. They
23 > are a bunch of friendly guys ;-)
24 >
25 > (PS: my handle there is "pepoluan", although honestly I haven't dabbled
26 > in any forum discussions for several years.)
27 >
28 > Rgds,
31 Pandu,
32
33 Thanks for the reply, I'll look into it tomorrow.
34
35 Regards,
36 Andrew