From: Catalin Trifu <catalin@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] apache and cgi
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 19:58:01
1 Hi,
2
3 The cgi-bin in /var/www/localhost will server the scripts; in the
4 httpd.conf /cgi-bin/ is aliased to that particular directory, so everything
5 u put in there will be available at http://localhost/cgi-bin/
6 There are two scripts in there by default printenv and test-cgi.
7 Point u'r
8 browser to http://localhost/cgi-bin/printenv and u should see something.
9 If not, then there is something wrong with u'r setup.
10
11 Catalin
14 Nick Smith wrote:
15
16 >how do you install a cgi script in apache when the cgi-bin folder is
17 >outside of the document root like is the default for gentoo? ive tried
18 >a symlink and that doesnt seem to work, this is my first cgi script so
19 >im not exactly sure how to install it. this is for the courier
20 >webadmin program, it has to be in cgi-bin running on the webserver.
21 >
22 >thanks
23 >
24 >Nick
25 >--
26 >Linux, because I'd rather own a free OS than steal one that's not
27 >worth paying for.