From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Is Gentoo wiping out Gtk 2 support from packages that support it?
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 23:54:14
1 On 07/07/2011 10:30 AM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Thursday 07 July 2011 10:12:43 微菜 did opine thusly:
3 >> Devs can do what ever they think are right. Don't argue with them
4 >> unless you pay them. Want gtk2 support? Put your ebuild in your
5 >> personal overlay.
6 >
7 > Gentoo users have developed a certain expectation over the years,
8 > whereby devs will take user needs seriously and go to extra-ordinary
9 > lengths to support everything under the sun.
10 >
11 > That's what Gentoo does.
12
13 No, it doesn't. The devs made up their minds. There is absolutely
14 nothing we can do. Other than doing the devrel thing, which I'm sure
15 won't work anyway, given the userrel response.
16
17 Users are worth crap to Gentoo devs.