From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Download (low power) mode - do not wake up by mouse
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 05:27:40
1 On 7/23/06, Robert Cernansky <hslists2@××××××.sk> wrote:
2 > I want to turn off the Graphic Card with command:
3 >
4 > xset dpms force off
5 >
6 > The problem is that screen turns on at _any_ keyboard/mouse event. So I often
7 > accidentally touch the mouse and screen turns on. How can I disable waking up
8 > on these events?
9
10 AFAIK you cannot. Well, unless your mouse can be disconnected that is.
11
12 But you could do "xset dpms 0 0 5", which would turn off the display
13 after 5 seconds of inactivity. So if you touch the mouse, the display
14 will come back on, but then it will turn off again in 5 seconds. You
15 can also set the screen brightness to minimum, to minimize the power
16 draw when it does turn on.
17
18 -Richard
19 --