From: Eray Aslan <eray.aslan@×××××××.tr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel update messed up console encoding
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 11:34:43
1 On 28.02.2009 12:34, Florian v. Savigny wrote:
2 [...]
3 > I'll follow your suggestion and re-post the problem on gentoo-user-de,
4 > although I think running into that sort of problem might happen to
5 > anybody who uses a European language other than English (one of those
6 > covered by iso-8859-1, more precisely), so comments here are still
7 > welcome! But who still sometimes uses the console, except me?
8
9 A lot of people use the console. I certainly do. But I, and I would
10 assume majority of console users, switched to UTF-8 quiet some time ago
11 as was suggested earlier in the thread. Hence, the lack of useful advice.
12
13 Good luck.
14 --
15 Eray