From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] file .ogg
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 16:41:46
1 On Wednesday 29 March 2006 20:17, contiemilio@××××××××.it wrote:
2 > Hi everybody.
3 >
4 > I think gentoo is driving me crazy.
5 >
6 > Since I found out the I can listen .wav file but not .ogg file, to-day I
7 > installed libvorbis, mpeg123 and vorbis-tools.
8 >
9 > But the result is the same . . . I cannot listen .ogg file.
10
11 so you did not read up the useflags, did not set them (or vorbis and mpeg123
12 would have been installed automatically), and you blame gentoo for doing the
13 right thing?
14
15 If you don't set the useflags, the packages will not be compiled with the
16 support for ogg/mp3. So it is your own fault.
17
18 Set the useflags, do an emerge --newuse world and everything will be fine.
19
20 For easier useflag-maintanance, install ufed.
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list