From: Rens <junktown@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Scriptable terminal program
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:10:28
1 Daniel D Jones wrote:
2 > Is anyone aware of a scriptable terminal program? Requirements are that I
3 > should be able to open the program from a script, create multiple tabs, name
4 > the tabs, connect the tabs to a remote computer via FTP, run a login script
5 > which reads the info coming from the remote computer and sends back the
6 > appropriate response, and then leaves the connection open at a command line
7 > prompt.
8 >
9 > I can't seem to find anything which supports everything. I can't find any
10 > way, for example, to open multiple Konsole tabs from the command line.
11 > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
14 You might have some luck using screen together with a custom screenrc
15 config file like the one below:
18 ## Screen settings
19 # Disable startup message
20 startup_message off
21 # Keep screen running if terminal detaches abruptly
22 autodetach on
23 # Increase scrollback buffer
25 # Set statusbar
26 caption always "%{bw} %n %t %{kb}| %{wb}%W %= %D %Y-%m-%d %c:%s"
27 # Set title bar
28 termcap xterm hs@:cs=\E[%i%d;%dr:im=\E[4h:ei=\E[4l
29 terminfo xterm hs@:cs=\E[%i%p1%d;%p2%dr:im=\E[4h:ei=\E[4l
30 # Set default shell
31 shell bash
32
33 ## Set some environment variables:
34 setenv DISPLAY ':0'
35
36 ## Keybindings
37 # Key codes can be obtained by running cat > /dev/null and typing the
38 key combination
39 # Remove some default key bindings
40 bind .
41 bind ^\
42 bind \\
43 bind h
44 bind ^h
45 bind }
46 # bind Shift+PgUp/PgDn
47 bindkey -m "^[[5;2~" stuff ^b
48 bindkey -m "^[[6;2~" stuff ^f
49
50 ## Default screens to open on startup
51 #
52 screen -t "ws1" 0 ssh -l root 10.0.0.1
53 screen -t "ws2" 0 ssh -l root 10.0.0.2
54 screen -t "ws3" 0 ssh -l root 10.0.0.3
55 screen -t "ws4" 0 ssh -l root 10.0.0.4
56 select 0
59 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list