From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] systemd as a Profile - practical or not?
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 16:24:49
1 Hi all,
2
3 Ok, before I go and open up a bug requesting this...
4
5 I know there have to be a lot of people on this list who can answer
6 this question...
7
8 Is making the use of systemd or not based on a selected Profile, as
9 opposed to manually trying to do it via USE flags etc, a practical
10 request, or not?
11
12 Meaning:
13
14 1. is it doable,
15
16 2. how hard (on a scale of 1/easy to 10/hard to impossible) would it
17 be to do this, and
18
19 3. regardless of the difficulty in achieving it, how hard would it be
20 (on a scale of 1 (easy) to 10 (hard to impossible)) to maintain in
21 the long run?
22
23 I'm hoping that even if the answer to #2 above is 7+, if the answer to
24 #3 is 'relatively easy' or better, then maybe it still stands a chance
25 of getting done.
26
27 And incidentally, Canek, if I was a programmer, I'd be happy to
28 volunteer to take it on, but alas I'm just a lowly user...
29
30 Thanks...