From: "Urs Schütz" <u.schutz@×××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] jupyter notebook 500 : Internal Server Error
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 20:31:05
1 On 2020-06-25 21:44, Andrés Becerra Sandoval wrote:
4 > El jue., 25 de jun. de 2020 a la(s) 14:14, Valmor de Almeida
5 > (val.gentoo@×××××.com <mailto:val.gentoo@×××××.com>) escribió:
6 >
7 > Hello,
8 > I had to enable ~amd64 to emerge jupyter so I know this is bound for
9 > problems. However, anyone there able to use jupyter notebooks in
10 > gentoo?
11 > No matter what notebook I try to open, I get the internal server error.
12 > Thank you.
13 > --
14 > Valmor
17 > Not much help, but I have not had problems with jupyter for years, with
18 > ~amd64 profile.
19 >
20 > --
21 >   Andrés Becerra Sandoval
24 I isolate jupyter (actually jupyterlab) in an separate python
25 environment. I do use pipenv to manage the python environment. It boils
26 down to three commands:
27
28 $> cd projectfolder
29 projectfolder $> pipenv install
30 projectfolder $> pipenv shell
31 projectfolder $> pipenv install jupyter-lab
32
33 pipenv itself can be installed with emerge. pipenv resolves the
34 dependencies within the virtual python environment.
35 This way of working with python solved most of my troubles with ~amd64
36 python packages. python packages for system and for programming purposes
37 stay separate this way.
40 Urs Schütz