From: Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] mysql won't start
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 10:44:42
1 Sorry if this is duplicate but I don't think the original arrived.
2 Hi all,
3 I moved my /var to a new disk and now amarok will nor work because it can't
4 connect to mysql
5 Can't connect to local MySQL server through
6 socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
7
8 If I /etc/init.d/mysql stop
9 * Caching service dependencies ... [ ok ]
10 * WARNING: mysql has not yet been started.
11
12 If I /etc/init.d/mysql start
13 * ...
14 * Starting mysql (/etc/mysql/my.cnf)
15 * MySQL NOT started (0)
16
17 If I just type mysql, I get the following error:-
18 ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through
19 socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
20
21 So it looks as if I have really screwed up moving /var
22 The /var/run/mysql directory is empty
23
24 Can anybody help please.
25 Paul
26 --
27 This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list