From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recommended location of the Gentoo ebuild repository
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 14:46:16
1 > On Wed, 16 Dec 2020 at 21:52, gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > >
3 > > How would you comment the following quote from Gentoo Handbook
4 > > "In most situations, /usr/ is to be kept big: not only will it contain
5 > > the majority of applications, it typically also hosts the Gentoo ebuild
6 > > repository (by default located at /var/db/repos/gentoo) which already
7 > > takes around 650 MiB."
8 > > that can be found here:
9 > > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Installation/Disks ?
10 > >
11 > > Have I correctly understood that the Gentoo ebuild repository default location
12 > > is /var/db/repos/gentoo but virtually everybody relocate it to /usr/ during
13 > > the installation process?
14 > >
15 > > Why not change its default location to /usr/ in this case?
16 > >
17 > > Where the Gentoo ebuild repository should be allocated? Why?
18 > >