From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] alternative kernels
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 16:16:45
1 On Friday 31 October 2014 15:09:26 J. Roeleveld wrote:
2
3 > I've got a few systems where grub1 doesn't work. This is more likely caused
4 > by some changes in used filesystems instead of any other cause.
5 > If I really wanted to, I might get it to work, but I don't see the point in
6 > spending time on this.
7 > Grub starts the boot process and then, afaik, disappears.
8 > Which is sufficient for me.
9
10 My grub-0.99 lets me choose from four kernels and two or three run levels at
11 boot time, and grub-2 can't handle this yet, or it couldn't the last time I
12 checked. I don't suggest that everyone has a similar need, but at least in
13 some cases the old grub does still have a place.
16 Rgds
17 Peter