From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Does skencil work for anybody else?
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 15:07:22
1 On 2010-03-13, Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.EDU> wrote:
2 > On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 07:54:35PM +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >> After attempting to use sk1 for a few minutes, I've given up on it.
4 >> It crashes regularly. Exporting to a .eps file just plain doesn't work
5 >> (it writes 'sk1' format data to the file).
6 >>
7 >> The user interface is full of breakage: if you export a drawing and
8 >> then do a 'save', it overwrites the _exported_ file rather than saving
9 >> in the original drawing file.
10 >>
11 >> It also spews a constant stream of errors and tracebacks when doing
12 >> anything at all.
13 >
14 > Now this is interesting, inkscape apparently depends on skencil for
15 > postscript support?
16
17 Looks that way, though I'm not sure exactly what it uses skencil for.
18 I would have sworn I had inkscape installed without skencil and could
19 still export to EPS.
20
21 > Somehow this doesn't bode well to me...
22
23 Nope.
26 Grant