From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Updating old Gentoo on notebook
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 19:50:38
1 On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 10:35:25AM -0500, Dale wrote
2 > Walter Dnes wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Total: 377 packages (298 upgrades, 52 new, 2 in new slots, 25 reinstalls), Size of downloads: 1,408,922 KiB
5 > >
6 > > ...wish me luck.
10 > Glad to help. I get a lot of help from this list so nice to give back a
11 > little. ;-)
12 >
13 > Happy compiling. Keep the thing cool.
14
15 time emerge --changed-use --deep --update @world
16
17 ...gave me...
18
19 * IMPORTANT: 40 config files in '/etc' need updating.
20 * See the CONFIGURATION FILES and CONFIGURATION FILES UPDATE TOOLS
21 * sections of the emerge man page to learn how to update config files.
22
23 * IMPORTANT: 4 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
24 * Use eselect news read to view new items.
25
26 * After world updates, it is important to remove obsolete packages with
27 * emerge --depclean. Refer to `man emerge` for more information.
28
29 real 293m20.427s
30 user 366m20.734s
31 sys 71m22.050s
32
33 I also noticed a whole slew of perl packages updating when I ran
34 "emerge -pv", so I followed up with "perl-cleaner --reallyall", which
35 went through a bunch of packages. Lesson learned, update the notebook
36 more often.
39 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
40 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications