From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: about the minimal install isos
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 23:11:28
1 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > As for Gentoo installs, IMHO, they are in a bit of a mess right
4 > now. Last weekend a friend decided to give Linux a try and I helped
5 > him install Gentoo. The tarballs still, after nearly a month I think,
6 > didn't include all the required /dev stuff in the stage3 tarball which
7 > caused the machine to not boot. Maybe that's what you're seeing? I
8
9 I'm at the stage right now of trying to boot from the vm harddrive.
10 What is missing from stage3? Maybe I can get it straightened out now
11 before turning the vm on its own.