From: "Brett I. Holcomb" <brettholcomb@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sata Controllers and drives
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 02:28:37
1 Thanks, Mark, for the info. Sounds like I need to avoid ATI <G>. I'm in a
2 position where I have a motherboard that doesn't support SATA so I can either
3 go IDE or SATA and going SATA appears to be the future way. That means I
4 have to add a card.
5
6 Wat the Promise used on a Linux system?
7
8 Sounds like I'll pass on Seagate - we used to say the made IDE and DOA drives
9 <G>.
10
11 Thanks.
12