From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] squid - allowing only one domain
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 03:50:25
1 Thanks for posting Joseph.
2
3 I would love to understand this better.
6 On 21 Jan 2010, at 23:52, Joseph wrote:
7 > On 01/21/10 21:51, Stroller wrote:
8 >>> maybe it is not possible with single interface eth0
9 >>
10 >> I believe that running Squid in conjunction with iptables is known
11 >> as running in "interception" mode.
12 >>
13 >> It may well indeed not be possible to do this with only one
14 >> interface. How do you ensure that packets reach this machine? I
15 >> think usually ... So I'm not really sure how the machines on your
16 >> LAN know to send web packets to your Squid machine. Perhaps you can
17 >> explain?
18
19 ^ Could you answer these questions, please?
20
21 > Yes, it is possible, it took me a day to figure it out as I'm not a
22 > pro with iptables, check my post and follow the instructions:
23 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-6142685.html#6142685
24
25 I don't see the explanation in this link.
26
27 Stroller.