From: Nelis Lamprecht <nlamprecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Java corruption after power failure
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:51:12
1 Hi,
2
3 We recently had a power failure and after booting up my system which
4 was shut off abruptly I am having problems with Firefox, Gaim and
5 probably other prorgams I haven't yet discovered. Whenever I visit a
6 site which has java my browser freezes up and the same thing happens
7 when someone tries to send me a message via Gaim. I then have to kill
8 the effected app.
9
10 I've tried recompiling blackdown-jre and blackdown-jdk as well as
11 recompiling Firefox and Gaim but I still get the same result. I have
12 turned off java in Firefox for now which allows me to carry on with my
13 work but obviously I would like to get this fixed.
14
15 Does anyone have any other suggestions for me ? What else do Firefox
16 and Gaim have in common that I could possibly re-install ? ..I've
17 forgotten how to check the dependencies.
18
19 Thanks in advance.
20
21 Regards,