From: Dan <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Found eth0, what's depreciated
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 16:09:34
1 On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 13:43:09 -0600 (CST)
2 ericzen@××××××.com wrote:
5 > Good call Karl; I had been thinking of an older system when I
6 > modprobed what I thought was my card. It still didn't work after a
7 > modprobing, but I compiled it straight in, and it worked just fine.
8 >
9 > Thank you, Karl.
10 >
11 > Just out of curiosity (to the list in general), to undepreciate my
12 > eth0, is that just making the net.eth0 file, or am I missing
13 > something?
14 >
15 > -Eric
16
17 Eric,
18 your naming of the file is depreciated. It used to
19 be /etc/conf.d/net.eth0 that defined network configuration for
20 eth0, /etc/conf.d/net.eth1 that configured eth1, and so on. Now, all
21 are stored in /etc/conf.d/net. Here's how mine looks, if you want a
22 jumstart.
23
24 # This blank configuration will automatically use DHCP for any net.*
25 # scripts in /etc/init.d. To create a more complete configuration,
26 # please review /etc/conf.d/net.example and save your configuration
27 # in /etc/conf.d/net (this file :]!).
28 config_eth0=( "dhcp" )
29 dhcpcd_eth0="-t 10 -h pascal"
30
31 you can see therere that I set dhcp to configure the address,
32 resolv.conf, and the default route. I specify a 10 second timeout and
33 a hostname for dhcpcd.
34 --
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list