From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: elogind problem
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 04:39:33
1 Hi Bill,,
4 On 4/25/19 12:51 PM, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
5 > Hi,
6 >
7 >     I have just replaced console-kit with elogind and while its fixed my
8 > X server problems, its brought some downsides as well.  Primarily, I
9 > used to use acpi to hibernate but elogind has coopted the power button
10 > so acpid doesnt get the signal, and added a suspend to lid closure but
11 > then I cant run scripts to recover the touch screen etc.
12 > (MSsurfacePro4).  I could deal with that except the docs for
13 > systemd-logind (the elogind docs refer there) say they have removed the
14 > possibility run arbitrary scripts from logind (and so I assume also
15 > elogind).
16 >
17 > So how can I recover the hardware to a working state using elogind?
18 > Worst case would seem to be disable elogind hibernate/suspend in its
19 > config file and handle it old school but is there a better way using
20 > elogind?
21 >
22 > Bill K.
28 While I don't have an answer, I suggest to discuss with upstream at
29 https://github.com/elogind/elogind/issues or
30 https://forums.prydeworx.com/. Sven is extremely knowledgeable and
31 responsive (and also happens to be a fellow Gentoo-er).
32
33 Kind regards,
34
35 Michael