From: nunojsilva@×××××××.pt
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Quad UART PCIe Adapter (Oxford-Chipset) seems (not?) to work? Check?
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 18:36:07
1 On 2019-03-24, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > In my PC there is a quad uart PCIe-adapter with Oxford Chipset.
6 > With lspci it is listed as:
7 > 04:00.0 Serial controller: Oxford Semiconductor Ltd OX16PCI954 (Quad 16950 UART) function 0 (Uart)
8 > and
9 > 04:00.1 Bridge: Oxford Semiconductor Ltd OX16PCI954 (Quad 16950 UART) function 1 (8bit bus)
10 >
11 > I have a DAUP9-cable, which connects the serial port to the FBUS/MBUS
12 > of my NOKIA 3310 (2001).
13 >
14 > I cannot speak to my NOKI handy via gammu/gnokii: Timeout
15 >
16 > To minimize the number of variables in this equitation I would like to
17 > ensure, that at least the UART adapter is working.
18 >
19 > The modules loaded by now are:
20 [...]
21 > Do I miss a driver?
22 > Is there any kind of check or test (without using another serial
23 > thingy, which I do not have), to test the UART adapter is working as
24 > expected?
25
26 The output of "lspci -k" is probably useful to check whether the device
27 was picked up by some driver. It will also show drivers which are not
28 modules.
29
30 Does it show any driver name for that UART controller?
33 Nuno Silva