From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wesnoth version
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 14:13:00
1 On Saturday 05 May 2007, "Marko Kocić" <marko.kocic@×××××.com> wrote
2 about '[gentoo-user] Wesnoth version':
3 > Is there a specific reason why gentoo doesn't provide development
4 > versions of Battle for Wesnoth (games-strategy/wesnoth)?
5 >
6 > I couldn't find anything in bug database. Development versions (1.3.2)
7 > are pretty stable, so I can't see a reason why are not included in
8 > "~x86". As for "x86", 1.2.4 (latest stable) seems ok.
9 >
10 > Should I open a bug for that?
11
12 Yeah, a new numbered release deserves it's own ebuild, even if it has to
13 linger in package.mask. Make sure it's been 2-3 days after the release
14 and then file a version bump bug. Please report if "simply renaming" the
15 existing ebuild works and/or what you had to change to get a clean
16 compile/install.
17
18 If you follow Wesnoth closely, but aren't part of upstream, you might
19 consider becoming a/the gentoo package maintainer for it. IIRC, IMHO, the
20 packaging for Wesnoth could use a little "love".
23 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
24 bss03@××××××××××.net ((_/)o o(\_))
25 ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy `-'(. .)`-'
26 http://iguanasuicide.org/ \_/