From: Richard McCombie <skitfish@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Pentium D Temperature and Frequency Scaling
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 10:57:25
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm trying to monitor the temperature of my CPU in Gentoo. I have a
4 Pentium D 3.00GHz.
5
6 I tried compiling my kernel with the coretemp module but this won't
7 modprobe (which, I imagine, is because the module is exclusively for
8 Core chips).
11 Also, I have CPU frequency scaling set up (using the ACPI Processor
12 P-States driver). I have a minimum frequency of 2400000 and a maximum
13 frequency of 3000000 - both of these were present by default. My PC
14 correctly switches between the lower and upper frequencies depending
15 on how busy the machine is (using the ondemand governor) but I would
16 like to know whether there should be any lower frequencies in the
17 'scaling_available_frequencies' file; 2.4GHz seems a little high as a
18 minimum frequency.
21 Thank you in advance,
22 Richard