From: Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto <please.no.spam.here@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't play audio cds!
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 14:03:07
1 > On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 8:16 PM, Michael Sullivan
2 > <michael@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >> checked the log file, but I couldn't find anything. I couldn't mount my
4 >> CD (in the past this wasn't necessary for audio CDs, but I thought I'd
5 >>
6 > As far as I know, the Linux kernel cannot mount Audio CDs. The one
7 > programme that on my system works with Audio CDs is Gnome-mplayer. You
8 > might also try VLC. Another option is to rip them with Grip.
9 >
10 > Regards,
11 > Liviu
12 I can play an audio CD (with Beethoven music) with mplayer cdda://.
13 Can you try a program that I or Liviu Andronic know? That way, we
14 would more likely understand the error messages, assuming it does not
15 work and gives error messages.
16 How about you try gnome-mplayer?
19 Software is like sex: it is better when it is free - Linus Torvalds