From: "John J. Foster" <Gentoo-User@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ssmtp and/or mailx delivery problem
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 02:25:22
1 On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 06:58:53PM -0400, Maurice E Johnson wrote:
2 > What is the senders address?
3 > That is where the first clue will be.
4 >
5 Hi Maurice,
6
7 Thanks for the reply. It turns out that my ISP has just started
8 requiring SMTP AUTH. It took me a long time to figure out how to do this
9 with ssmtp. After alot of digging, I found out to add
10
11 AuthUser=festus@×××××.com
12 AuthPass=PASSWORD
13
14 to /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf. This file is almost totally undocumented, at
15 least anything I could find.
16
17 Thanks,
18 festus
19
20 P.S. Please don't top-post.
21 --
22 It is not unusual for those at the wrong end of the club to have a
23 clearer picture of reality than those who wield it.
24 Noam Chomsky