From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: depclean wants to wipe out KDE3
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 09:53:32
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Saturday 20 December 2008 08:27:40 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >> emerge -av --depclean:
4 >>
5 >> kde-base/kopete
6 >>
7 >> selected: 3.5.10
8 >>
9 >> protected: none
10 >>
11 >> omitted: 4.1.3
14 >> kde-base/kget
15 >> selected: 3.5.10
16 >> protected: none
17 >> omitted: 4.1.3
18 >>
19 >> kde-base/kmenuedit
20 >> selected: 3.5.10
21 >> protected: none
22 >> omitted: 4.1.3
23 >>
24 >> The list goes on. All those packages are in my world file. This only
25 >> started happening after installing KDE 4.1.3. Another nice effect of
26 >> not putting KDE4 in new portage trees but rather mixing them with KDE3?
27 >> What can I do?
28 >
29 > You can start by giving the relevant information, like what exactly related to
30 > kde is in world?. Chances are you only have KDE there, and emerge will
31 > probably want to nuke all but the latest SLOT. Common problems with KDE:
32 >
33 > Put 'kdeprefix' in USE and rebuild
34 > Put KDE:3.5 in world and recheck.
35 >
36 > This last one often needs to be redone recursively to get everything in world
37 > that needs to be there. I've heard that autounmask helps with this
38
39 kdeprefix has nothing to do with KDE3. It's not needed. It's only
40 needed to have many KDE4 versions at the same time.
41
42 I'll try the KDE:3.5 thingy. I wonder though why the heck I have to do
43 this. KDE4 should have been put in its own tree.