From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emerge building a binary from installed package
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 16:46:18
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 25 May 2010 10:54:31 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >> I am still ending up having to compile it tho. KDE won't start for
6 >> some crazy reason. Heck, startx doesn't even work. I think it missed
7 >> something somewhere.
8 >>
9 > USE="hal"?
10 >
11 > SCNR :)
15 I told quickpkg to save the config files too but I think it missed one
16 somewhere. I checked and double checked everything and X just will not
17 start.
18
19 I also had a couple cmake errors when trying to rebuild a few packages,
20 hoping to recover whatever is missing. A emerge -e @system appears to
21 have fixed that and a emerge -e @ world is in the works. I need one of
22 them four core CPUs to rush this along a little. ;-) My little AMD
23 2500+ is getting tired.
24
25 Now you know I'm not going to even attempt to use hal. :-D I been
26 there and done that. It was no fun at all.
27
28 Dale
29