From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] resolv.conf being overwritten
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 18:37:43
1 Sean schrieb:
2 > On a newly built amd64 based system my resolv.conf keeps getting
3 > overwritten on system startup so I am loosing my nameserver entry.
4 >
5 > The system is set with a static address and I have dhcp_eth0="nodns" in
6 > my conf.d/net file.
7 >
8 > I read that this included entry would prevent my resolv.conf file from
9 > being overwritten. Obviously not the case.
10 >
11 > Would anyone know a cure to prevent this little annoying problem?
12 >
13 > Thanks
14 > Sean
15
16 I have access to my box now, did something like this work, instead of
17 setting dhcp_eth0="nodns".
18
19 config_eth0=( "dhcp" )
20 dns_servers_eth0=( "192.168.0.1" )