From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: per package parallel build
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2019 15:25:44
1 On Saturday, 9 November 2019 22:40:59 GMT Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > On 2019-10-26 14:04, Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 > > There's no need to mess around adding and removing masks, just use the
4 > > --exclude option.
5 >
6 > Multiple exclude options seem to further lengthen emerge's "thinking"
7 > phase, which is a huge pain as it is. The increase seems at least linear
8 > in the number of excludes.
9
10 I have a script that adds 45 excludes, and I haven't noticed it taking a
11 particularly long time. (I assume that the dependency calculation is single-
12 threaded, so having 12 "cores" isn't a factor.)
15 Regards,
16 Peter.