From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GRUB question
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 21:55:48
1 On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 17:34:35 -0400
2 "Matthew R. Lee" <gentoo@××××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > I've just compiled a new kernel. I then mounted the boot partition,
5 > copied the new bzimage across, along with .config and system.map. I
6 > then edited the grub.conf But when I reboot it offers me the same
7 > options as in the old grub.conf not the new one. I must have missed a
8 > step somewhere, but I can't think where. Can anyone point me in the
9 > right direction Thanks
10 > Matt
13 Did you check whether you've really overwritten the old grub.conf?
14 Is the file in the right directory (/boot/grub/)? Is there a symlink
15 menu.lst on grub.conf?
16 Do you really boot from that partition?