From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GRUB question
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 21:46:06
1 On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 17:34:35 -0400, Matthew R. Lee wrote:
2
3 > I've just compiled a new kernel. I then mounted the boot partition,
4 > copied the new bzimage across, along with .config and system.map. I
5 > then edited the grub.conf But when I reboot it offers me the same
6 > options as in the old grub.conf not the new one.
7
8 It's much easier to use make install to copy and have your grub entries
9 point to vmlinuz and vmlinuz.old, that way you don't need to touch your
10 grub config.
11
12 Do you also have a menu.lst file in /boot/grub (as opposed to a symlink).
13 AFAIK, this file takes precedence over grub.conf if both are present.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Windows will never cease.