From: Harold Naparst <harold@××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Return of My Continuing ALSA woes
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 22:09:47
1 Well, I rebooted and then it worked.
2 So, who knows what's going on...
3
4 But while we're at it, should I choose six channel or two-channel mode,
5 and what's the deal with the three "input sources" on the right side
6 of alsamixer?
9 On 11/23/05, Glenn Enright <elinar@×××××××.nz> wrote:
10 >
11 > On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 09:24, Harold Naparst wrote:
12 > ><snip>
13 > > and then:
14 > >
15 > > /etc/init.d/alsasound restart
16 > > * WARNING: you are stopping a boot service.
17 > > * Storing ALSA Mixer Levels ...
18 > > /usr/sbin/alsactl: get_control:149: Cannot read control info
19 > '2,0,0,Front
20 > > Playback Volume,0': Invalid argument [ !! ] * Unloading ALSA
22 >
23 > Looks like the saved mixer settings are corrupt. Find where they live,
24 > (/etc/asound.state?) delete or move them, and then load again. Should
25 > recreate the default mixer data and then you can play with the volumes to
26 > get
27 > them set up again.
28 > --
29 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list