From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to remove the "clear screen" just before login
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 16:56:51
1 On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 3:15 AM, Helmut Jarausch
2 <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I'm using openrc (0.9.8.4) and I don't use any (graphical) login
6 > manager. After some upgrade of openrc (not too long ago), something
7 > clears the screen just before I'm offered to log in.
8 > But I'd like to see the last messages of openrc.
9 > What gets executed just before I can login? Or, where can I stop
10 > blanking the terminal just before login.
11
12 From util-linux-2.20.1-r1.ebuild:
13
14 pkg_postinst() {
15 elog "The agetty util now clears the terminal by default. You"
16 elog "might want to add --noclear to your /etc/inittab lines."
17 }
18
19 Maybe it's this?
20