From: Gyuri <hangcsapda@××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Static resolv.conf
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:25:34
1 Christoph Eckert wrote:
2
3 >>I want to give the 2 IP addressess provided on the paper of my ISP
4 >>(primary and secondary DNS'es). How can I make resolv.conf static?
8 >You can even set it to the user as read only; OTOH I don't know if your
9 >IP-up script will then deny to establish the connection.
10 >
11 >The second possibility in this case is to rewrite this file with the
12 >desired contents after the connection is done.
15 >Best regards
18 > ce
21 Yes, but after a reboot (I daily boot and shut down my computer) the
22 file's content is refreshed by the DHCP server. (nameserver 192.168.0.1)
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list