From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where is CONFIG_MICROCODE gone in kernel 4.4.6-gentoo?
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2016 08:29:28
1 On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 09:07:29 +0100, Mick wrote:
2
3 > I seem to have mislaid my microcode somewhere, in the latest stable
4 > gentoo kernel:
5 >
6 > # grep -i MICROCODE .config
7 > #
8
9 Grepping .config is unreliable, and always has been. You should use the
10 search option in make menuconfig. If th eoption you want does not show up
11 in .config, you are probably missing one of the options it depends on.
12 The search results show what they are and whether they are set. I get this
13
14 Symbol: MICROCODE [=y]
15 Type : boolean
16 Prompt: CPU microcode loading support
17 Location:
18 (1) -> Processor type and features
19 Defined at arch/x86/Kconfig:1159
20 Depends on: CPU_SUP_AMD [=y] || CPU_SUP_INTEL [=y]
21 Selects: FW_LOADER [=y]
22
23
24 --