From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] no CD or DVD but "rules" seem correct-FIXED-or, not
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 16:14:00
1 > And if you use the new one, you have to be aware
2 > that it is attached to the
3 > SCSI subsystem now. This means that you have to
4 > enable SCSI as well as
5 > support for SCSI disks (CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SD=y) and
6 > SCSI cdroms
7 > (CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SR=m => sr_mod.ko), just as you
8 > would do with SATA.
9
10 Thanks, Dirk but that's not the problem anymore.
11 Problem is persistent-CD.rules that keeps getting
12 re-written every boot. I've already written a
13 10-local.rules to handle my _one_ CD, /dev/cdrom->
14 /dev/hdc and _one_ DVD, /dev/dvd-> /dev/hdd drive but
15 persistent seems to think the symlinks should be
16 called /dev/cdrom4 and /dev/cdrom5.
17
18 I delete the persistant file, like I say, but it gets
19 rewritten when I reboot and re-establishes the wrong
20 symlinks, I suspect by /lib/udev/write_cd_rules.
21
22 Question is: Can I safely delete
23 /lib/udev/write_cd_rules or disable it somehow?
24
25 Maxim
29 ____________________________________________________________________________________Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.
30 http://get.games.yahoo.com/proddesc?gamekey=monopolyherenow