From: YoYo siska <yoyo@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What standalone GTK2 Engines are available?
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 14:21:58
1 On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 01:51:55PM +0000, Ognjen Bezanov wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I used to use xfce-mcs-manager as a lightweight standalone gtk2 engine
5 > for my enlightenment desktop (for using GTK2 themes to render). I've
6 > just reinstalled Gentoo on my machine, and now xfce-mcs-manager is no
7 > more (seems it's been merged deeper in xfce now, so no longer
8 > standalone).
9 >
10 > An alternative that has been proposed to me is gnome-settings-daemon,
11 > but I'd rather install something lighter that doesn't need all the gnome
12 > libraries installed. Is there any such thing available?
13 >
14 > Thanks!
19 lxde-base/lxappearance
20 x11-themes/gtk-chtheme
21 x11-themes/gtk-theme-switch
22
23 the last one allows one to specify the theme on commandline...
24 but you don't have to run them all the time like
25 gnome-settings-daemon... just run them once, select your theme and they
26 will set up your ~/.gtkrc-2.0 so that all gtk apps will use that
27 theme from now on... (unless you start up gnome-settings-daemon which
28 will enforce the theme selected in gnome settings... don't know why they
29 did it that way...)
30
31 yoyo