From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo and rootkit hunter
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 12:50:32
1 On Mon, 14 Nov 2016 07:43:33 -0500,
2 Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >
4 > [1 <text/plain; US-ASCII (quoted-printable)>]
5 > On Mon, 14 Nov 2016 07:20:25 -0500, John Covici wrote:
6 >
7 > > Hi. I downloaded rootkithunter a few days ago and discovered that it
8 > > was not looking for the apache modules in the correct place. Its a
9 > > script so I can find and modify the variable, but I wonder if there is
10 > > a correct way to do this, given the kind of app we are dealing with
11 > > here.
12 >
13 > This is the sort of thing that could be handled by the ebuild, so a bug
14 > report on b.g.o is in order. Really, it's a bug in rkhunter, IMO, you
15 > should be able to specify MOD_DIRS or HTTPDDIRS in the config file.
16
17 Can't disagree with that. I will see how far I get with this one.
20 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
21 How do
22 you spend it?
23
24 John Covici