From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recommendations for scheduler
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 14:04:06
1 On 02/08/2014 15:31, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > Depends on the specific requirements.
3 >
4 > If you want:
5 >
6 > - time based start of a schedule
7 >
8 > - dependencies in said schedules and between schedules which can delay
9 > the actual start
10 >
11 > - stop of schedule if error occurs
12 >
13 > - ability to restart schedule from crashed point
14 >
15 > - have schedules operate over multiple machines (eg. part run on
16 > database, some on a compute-cluster, some other bit making nice graphs
17 > and printing it,...)
21 > Then you might be out of luck.
22 >
23 > If anyone has something that is already going along these lines, please
24 > let me know. I am more then willing to spend time and effort to assist
25 > in the development. Doing a project like that on my own in my extremely
26 > limited free time is not really an option.
30 Well, we've found 2 projects that at least in part seek to achieve our
31 general goals - chronos and Martin's new project.
32
33 Why don't we both fool around with them for a bit and get a sense of
34 what it will take to add features etc? Then we can meet back here and
35 discuss.
36
37 Always better to build on an existing foundation
40 Alan McKinnon
41 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com