From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mail forwarder on LAN
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2018 16:40:17
1 On 12/24/18 8:48 AM, Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > Was a little hasty posting...
3
4 That happens.
5
6 > Yes the new server emails voice messages as attachments. It also does
7 > things like tracking staff status (in office, away, etc) and so it has
8 > other notifications relating to that and some other features.
9 >
10 > The VoIP PBX has a gateway; it is using sip trunks to provide phone
11 > service. However, it will be severely locked down on install, I will
12 > only let it talk to the sip trunk provider and its update server and
13 > nothing else.
14
15 Does "I will only let the VoIP talk to the SIP trunk provider and it's
16 update server" mean that the VoIP PBX won't be able to talk to the
17 intermediate mail server that you're talking about building? Or would
18 you also allow the VoIP PBX to talk to the intermediate mail server?
19
20 This is a critical question as it determines if the intermediate mail
21 server needs to be in the same subnet as the VoIP PBX or not.