From: "Crístian Viana" <cristiandeives@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] comments on portage.keywords
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 20:18:09
1 thank you, I didn't know about that. I thought comments were always stripped
2 off the contents of the config files, no matter where they were.
3
4 On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Neil Walker <neil@×××××××.nu> wrote:
5
6 > Crístian Viana wrote:
7 > > www-client/mozilla-firefox # hello world
8 >
9 > For it to be a valid comment, the '#' MUST be the first character on the
10 > line. That's always been the convention. A FEW programs will recognise
11 > the '#' elsewhere in the line as the start of the comment but you should
12 > NEVER EVER rely upon that.
13 >
14 > > I don't think this behavior is consistent, comments shouldn't matter.
15 > > is that a desirable feature or a bug?
16 >
17 > It's totally consistent and highly desirable.
20 > Be lucky,
21 >
22 > Neil
23 > http://www.neiljw.com
31 Crístian Deives dos Santos Viana [aka CD1]