From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Remote install @Hetzner
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 21:25:28
1 * Johann Schmitz <johann@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2
3 Hi,
4
5 > We've set up a gentoo server on Hetzner. There are some hints about remote
6 > install in the hetzner dokuwiki
7 > (http://wiki.hetzner.de), even some gentoo-related articles.
8
9 yep, already found it, but didn't help very much :(
10
11 > Did you tried to reboot into the rescue system, and check the logs? Is the
12 > Server reachable via ping?
13
14 It doesnt seem to write anythings to disk, neither does the IP interface
15 come up. I guess, something's wrong with the bootloader or kernel.
16 The image installation seems to work fine. But I just forgot to set the
17 root password and the management robot is now offline until 01:00 :((
18
19 In the next step (if the bot's back again) I'll try to boot the debian
20 image's kernel with gentoo's rootfs from the second disk. That should
21 isolate the problem to either Gentoo config or the (meanwhile overwritten)
22 bootloader/kernel.
23
24 BTW: I've tried to start some services within the sysroot, but that
25 tried to mount/check the rootfs and of course failed :(
26 Should I trick init.d to think these services were already started ?
29 cu
30 --
32 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
34 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
35 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
36 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
37 http://patches.metux.de/
39 --
40 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list