From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with libcrypt transition
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 13:32:29
1 On Sun, Apr 10, 2022 at 08:02:30AM +0200, Arve Barsnes wrote
2 >
3 > Hard to tell from your output what the status of any conflicts are
4 > on your system. As the message correctly indicates, it cannot upgrade
5 > glibc because virtual/libcrypt-1 requires the older version.
6 >
7 > What would portage complain about before you excluded it?
8
9 I got the exact same error message.
10
11 > As mentioned in the news item, most upgrades should have just happened on
12 > its own without user interference, so it might also be as simple as
13 > re-running the @world command with --backtrack=1000
14
15 See attachment world.txt.gz
16
17 > What is the output from:
18 > emerge -1va =virtual/libcrypt-2
19
20 See attachment lc2.txt.gz
21
22 I know that the news item gives dire warnings about not unmerging
23 glibc. Can I safely unmerge virtual/libcrypt and replace it?
26 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
27 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications

world.txt.gz application/gzip
lc2.txt.gz application/gzip