From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: sans-dbus was: gnome intrusion?
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2016 00:36:34
1 On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 01:23:13PM -0800, Ian Zimmerman wrote
2 > On 2016-11-19 23:07, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >
4 > > Yes I know init and KDE are very very different beasts from different
5 > > eras with different approaches to getting stuff done and so can appear
6 > > completely different. But within the contact of /this/ thread, they are
7 > > very similar. And you don't understand one of them to anything like the
8 > > same standard you understand the other.
9 >
10 > I agree with this, this is the core of the issue.
11 >
12 > But you see: I don't need the features these new beasts provide. Why
13 > should I have to learn all that huge amount of information, crowding out
14 > things I actually _like_ to know from my declining memory, to keep control
15 > of my computing?
16
17 I use ICEWM. See my sig.
20 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
21 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications