From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: elogviewer and something odd with equery
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 22:59:55
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 16:46:57 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >> Well, I deleted them all, logged out of KDE and back in. I still get
6 >> the same thing as before with hp-setup.
7 >>
8 >> Again, I am using Konsole for this. This may be a KDE thing. I know
9 >> it worked fine in KDE3 but then again, a LOT of things worked fine in
10 >> KDE3.
11 >>
12 > Are you using su, sudo or sux?
16 I am using none of the above. I say "I" because the menu system for KDE
17 may be using one of those. The KDE menu thingy has a entry that says
18 Konsole. I edited the settings for it to run as root. When I click on
19 the entry for it to run, a window pops up and asks for the root
20 password. When I enter it, konsole opens as root.
21
22 Now that I think about it, it used to open a Konsole window,ask for the
23 password and go to a root prompt. That was in KDE3. No pop up window
24 in KDE3. KDE4 has a little pop up window THEN the Konsole opens up as root.
25
26 That is different so maybe I need to set something different for it to
27 start up and be able to connect to the GUI. I unmerged KDE3 so I can't
28 go look and see how it was set up.
29
30 Dale
31