From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] converting from testing to stable SLOWLY
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 00:08:32
1 On Fri, 20 Dec 2013 17:34:34 -0500, gottlieb@×××.edu wrote:
2
3 > > You can generate the list with
4 > >
5 > > qlist -ICv | sed -e 's/^/~/' -e 's/-r[1-9]$//'
6 > > >/etc/portage/package.mask/goingstable
7 >
8 > Am I correct in believing that there is a typo and "package.mask"
9 > should be "package.accept_keywords"
10
11 You are and it should.
12
13 > PS I know this was posted a year ago but I am only now implementing the
14 > suggestion. Sorry for the delay.
15
16 I recently used it to move a machine from testing to stable. The one
17 caveat is that sometimes the testing version your have installed, and in
18 package.accept_keywords, is removed from the tree so portage wants to
19 downgrade to the latest stable version. You have the choice of letting
20 this happen or unmasking a later testing version.
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 If at first you don't succeed, you'll get a lot of free advice from
27 folks who didn't succeed either.