From: Rudmer van Dijk <rudmer.van.dijk@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Howto get rid of USE qt3support
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 22:17:47
1 On Wednesday 09 June 2010, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 06/09/2010 11:27 PM, Rudmer van Dijk wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > there is a new qt and kde available, but it still has the annoying USE
6 > > flag qt3support... is there a way to get rid of it? a lot of kde
7 > > packages are complaining about qt3support and I don't want it.
8 > >
9 > > qt3 left my system a couple of years ago!
10 > > so this is starting to get really annoying 8-(
11 >
12 > What Paul said. qt3support is needed by some Qt4 programs and it's not
13 > optional. If a program needs it, there's no way around it.
14 >
15 > But it's nothing you should be concerned about; qt3support is part of
16 > Qt4 itself.
17
18 ok, thanks.
19 it's just that it sounds so old and I'm running ~amd64...
20 but since you have no control yourself why not de-USE it or make it a forced
21 USE?
24 Rudmer